Architecture, Art Nouveau, Details, Jugendstil, Photo Contest, Réseau Art Nouveau Network, World Art Nouveau Day
Like they have been doing for a few years now, the Réseau Art Nouveau Network (RANN) has announced their annual photo contest for the 4th World Art Nouveau Day!
In 2014 RANN organised an Art Nouveau Selfie contest. In 2015 the subject was Women in Art Nouveau. And this year, the subject is:
Art Nouveau Details
On the 10th of June 2016*, they will highlight Art Nouveau Details, and you are all invited to participate in this competition.
Send your best picture of an Art Nouveau detail before the 10th of June 2016 to email@example.com, together with a caption including the name of the work, artist, place, date of the work as well as the copyright.
All received pictures matching the theme will be published on the 10th of June at the RANN Facebook-page and followers will be invited to ‘like’ the picture they find most beautiful. Followers will also have to guess to which Art Nouveau object/building each detail belongs.
Three Awards will be given:
- Audience Award, for the most liked picture (ending at 10th June 6pm)
- Investigator Award, for the best guesser of the Art Nouveau Details’ origin
- Jury’s Award, awarded by the RANN secretariat.
Get your cameras ready, shoot and follow the RANN Facebook-page to discover the winners!
Discover more World Art Nouveau Day 2016 activities organised by:
– Ecole de Nancy Museum and Villa Majorelle
– The City of Szeged
– Jugendstil Center Ålesund
– Budapest Museum of Applied Arts
* World Art Nouveau Day is annually celebrated on the 10th of June commemorating the death of the two great architects: Catalan Antoni Gaudí and Hungarian Ödön Lechner.
10 of the best European cities for Art Nouveau, according to The Guardian
Réseau Art Nouveau Network (RANN)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Poshbirdy, did you enter your own photo’s in the competition yet? You still have a few days!
Barbara Magni said:
I sent few photos from Italy, Estonia and Slovenia.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Barbara, did you send pictures from the wooden church in Slovenia? They are beautiful! Looking forward to seeing your pictures next week in the competition. (I still haven’t sent my own pictures… Hope I don’t forget!)
Pingback: World Art Nouveau Day 2017 | Art Nouveau